How to Bet on Over/Under 1.5 Goals ⚽
You’ve probably heard the terms “over 1.5 goals” and “under 1.5 goals,” but what do they mean whem we talk about over/under 1.5 goals bet? Essentially, it is a market where you may wager on whether the total number of goals scored in a football match will be greater than 1.5 (i.e. 2 or more) or less than 1.5 (i.e. less than 1.5). (i.e. 0 or 1 goals). We’ll go over how it works in greater detail today, as well as tactics for profiting from the over/under 1.5 market and the potential risks of betting on it.
Explanation of Over 1.5 Goals 📢
Over 1.5 goals in a match means the bet must win by 2 or more goals, whereas 0 or 1 goal means the bet loses. The over 1.5 goals market is on 90-minute matches (plus extra time), but excludes extra time.
For example, if a match ends 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, 3-2, and so on, an over 1.5 goals bet will win.
However, if a match ends 0-0 or 1-0 in favour of either team, the bet is lost.
Explained Under 1.5 Goals
Under 1.5 goals results in a tie; 2 or more goals results in a loss; 0 or 1 goal results in a win. In addition, the under 0.5 goals betting market covers 90 minutes of play plus extra time but excludes extra time.
If you want to bet on the over/under 1.5 goals betting markets, check out our betting margins guide, where we test which betting sites have the best margins (highest odds).
Let’s have a look at some instances of how it works in practice.
Let’s imagine you bet on a team to win by more than 1.5 goals. What would you like to happen if it were up to you?
You want the game to end with two or more goals. It makes no difference how many more there are, as long as there are two or more. You win your bet if the game ends 1-1 or 2-0.
And, of course, if it ends with a lot of goals, such as 3-1, 2-2, or 4-0, you’ll win your bet.
Let’s pretend you bet under 1.5 goals. What would you like to happen if it were up to you?
There should be no goals or only one goal. So if it ends 0-0, 0-1 or 1-0, you win.
But why is there a.5? 🤔
Some people are perplexed as to why half a goal is featured in the market – after all, it’s not like you can score half a goal in football!
Basically, it’s because there are only two possible outcomes to the bet if you execute it this way: win or lose. It is unable to sketch.
The reason for this is that if you bet on over/under 1 goal and the game ends 1-0 or 0-1, your bet will be a draw or cancelled.
However, because over/under 1.5 goals can only only be won or lost, the bet is simplified.
Why should you bet on the Over/Under 1.5 Goals line? ⚠️
The over/under markets are among the most popular to wager on, with massive liquidity on Betfair, second only to the match markets.
Over/under 2.5 goals is the most popular of these markets, while over/under 1.5 goals is a close second.
Depending on the proportional anticipation of goals in the current game, the odds are usually between 1.1 and 1.4.
Betting on the over/under 1.5 goal line is a simple technique of betting that eliminates the need to guess which team will win. All you have to do is predict if at least two goals will be scored or not.
So, if you know there will be at least two goals in a game, betting on it might be a terrific method to make money.
On the other hand, if you think the game will be dull with no or only one goal, you can go with under 1.5 goals.
Betting Strategies for the Over/Under 1.5 Goals Market 📝
You might be considering betting on the over/under 1.5 goals market but aren’t sure how to proceed. It may appear that there will be a lot of goals, but as we all know from betting, nothing is ever as simple as it appears.
The most crucial thing is to always look for value – that is, situations when the odds are greater than they should be, giving you an advantage over the bookie or betting market.
In this article, we’ll look at some betting tactics that can help you win while betting on the over/under 1.5 goals market.
- – Take advantage of bookmaker errors — bookmakers price matches using algorithms, but they don’t adjust their models in real time, even when goals are scored that modify the game’s dynamics. Early goals, for example, can open up games far more than they should be. The Trade on Sports HT Overs Bot exploits this flaw by identifying over 1.5 goal opportunities based on the HT score and moments where there is a greater than 80% possibility of another goal being scored in a game. In a live testing here on the site, it made over £6,000 profit, one of the finest returns of any football method we’ve tested.
- – Injured Strikers – If one or both of the teams’ primary strikers are injured, it’s possible that they’ll struggle to score, thus betting on under 1.5 goals could be a good bet.
- – Key defenders absent – if both teams are missing key defenders, they may struggle to keep goals out and it may be a good idea to back over 1.5 goals.
- – Late-stage events – Goals have grown increasingly difficult to come by in international football championships such as the Euros and World Cups, particularly in the latter stages. Teams, unsurprisingly, do not want to lose or give anything away cheaply, therefore when it comes to the knockout stages, they frequently “close shop.” In such cases, it may be worthwhile to consider betting on the under 1.5 goals.
- – Mismatches – many people believe that when a team at the top of the table plays a team at the bottom of the table, it will be a rout. Surprisingly, statistics do not support this, and these games are not invariably thrashings. It’s a good idea to keep an eye on teams that are strong defensively but struggle to score goals, resulting in them being near the bottom of the table. In the underdog market, they can be a good bet.
Over 1.5 Goals is a popular bet 🎉
Most betting sites advertise the over 1.5 goals market as “Over/Under” or “Match Goals” if you wish to wager on it. You can also wager on either team scoring two or more goals if you feel they will score two or more goals. Pre-match markets for over 1.5 goals are frequently excessively short, but it may be a terrific market for in-play bets or even half-time betting.
If you want to bet on a live match that is less risky, we recommend using the Asian lines. You can bet on more than one goal line and earn a refund if only one goal is scored, or a winner if two or more goals are scored. This is an excellent market for halftime wagering.
Try an over 1 half-time goal-line bet if the game is 10-20 minutes old and it looks like either team may score; if there is only one goal, you receive a refund, and if there are two, you win. Frequently, you can double or even triple your bet.
Trading Techniques for the Over/Under 1.5 Goals Market 📊
There is also the option of trading the market using an exchange such as Betfair, in addition to betting on the over/under 1.5 goals.
The over/under markets on Betfair normally have a lot of liquidity, therefore they’re popular to trade.
The following are some possible trading methods for the over/under 1.5 goal market:
- – Use In-Play Stats: You can use a tool like the In-Play Scanner, which tracks matches in real time and assigns a rating based on the likelihood of a goal. When a ranking reaches a given level (for example, 70), it indicates a high likelihood of a goal being scored soon. The benefit of waiting until a contest is in progress like this is that the odds of over 1.5 goals might jump significantly compared to the pre-match odds, giving you more value. During a three-month trial here on the site, alerts based on this scanner produced £632 profit.
- – Trading the first ten minutes – if a game does not have a goal in the first ten minutes, the odds will go significantly towards under 1.5 goals, despite the fact that statistics imply that the chances of a goal in the first ten minutes are low (less than 1 in 5). If you back unders before the game, you can lay after 10 minutes (or pay out) to profit, or trade out for a loss if the game ends in a tie.
- – Trading after a goal — following a goal, the unders market usually soars upwards, but then drops swiftly over the next 5 to 10 minutes. So, if you’re brave enough to back unders right after a goal, trading out promptly a few minutes later can pay off.
- – Hedging – another strategy is to trade the unders while hedging with another market – for example, laying the HT 0-0 or backing a team to score and then trading out of both markets if a goal is scored.
One of the most popular betting markets is the over/under 1.5 goal line. Although it may appear evident when two or more goals will be scored, it is not always so, and it can be beneficial to check for information such as team news and games with particularly strong defences or attackers, for example. If you want to make money betting on football, we propose that you check out our top-rated football betting strategy here.